Friday, November 11, 2011

The Way I See You

(This is something I wrote sometime in 2009 when God was trying to write my love story)

You called me up last night
Drunk, crying and not light
Told me things that hurt you bad
While other people can be so glad

In a state of melancholy
No one knows you are unhappy
They say you’re selfish and unworthy
When you’re truly giving selflessly

You only cared for other’s sake
Your own happiness is at stake
This act of suffering is not fake
I accept but the pain I couldn’t take

Don’t you know how I see you?
Can’t you see how I look at you?
Try and look deep into my eyes
In my heart it’s you who resides

I’m hurting that you’re hurting
I’m crying because you’re crying
Oh I pray that your heart is open
To grasp and follow what has been written

Now listen as you cry for longing
I see you flying while I’m not moving
I’m not moving because I’m watching
Can you see the colors that you’re casting?

If you can only see
How God made you to be
Don’t be surprised coz it’s real
You're beautiful in every way I see

No comments: